This course presents an overview of strategic management theory and practice as it relates to the role of energy and emissions management professionals. Topics cover strategic management tools such as situational analysis, strategy development, planning and reporting.
Below is one offering of CESA 5850 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 20 - Tue Nov 29 (11 weeks)
- 11 weeks
- CRN 42064
Class meeting times
|Sep 20 - Nov 29||N/A||18:00 - 20:00||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
Please contact the Program Head at BCIT_SEMAC@bcit.ca for approval. Note: ** A computer with speakers and a web camera is required for this course. Students must be logged into the Learning Hub from 6:00 pm– 8:00 pm on Tuesdays on: September 20, October 4, 18, November 1, 15, 29.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Outline strategic management theory and practice as it relates to the role of energy and emissions management professionals.
- Illustrate the purpose of a strategic energy and emissions management plan.
- Describe the essential elements of a deep energy and emissions retrofit plan.
- Assess the differences between the technical and non-technical side of energy and emissions management as a key means of plan development and communication.
- Describe the main elements and purpose of an energy and emissions management system.
- List the various tools used for community energy and emissions planning.
- Differentiate between the types of energy and emissions management reporting methods.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Strategic Planning for Energy Management (CESA 5850) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Sustainable Energy Management
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Strategic Planning for Energy Management (CESA 5850)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.