WordQ’s word prediction and spoken feedback offers writing support that is invisible by design. Within minutes of getting started, you can prevent, find and fix your own mistakes. There’s no criticism and no pressure, so writing can actually be enjoyable.
WordQ will read aloud any text you can highlight to improve your comprehension and proofreading skills. This application works with virtually any program, such as your web browser, Facebook, MS Word, Notepad, your email client like Outlook or Gmail, as well as your instant messaging application.
WordQ is a powerful, extremely easy-to-use, writing software that:
- Predicts words as you type
- Reads predicted words even words that are spelled creatively or missing parts to improve choice accuracy. Lets you modify word prediction to use specific vocabulary or topics
- Predicts the next grammatically correct word automatically
- Offers a list of words with similar meaning to add variety to your writing
- Re-reads sentences as they are typed for word flow and meaning
- Re-reads and highlights completed work for editing and proofreading
- Changes font and background colors which are required to be properly set if you have any visual issues
- Controls line spacing between words and includes abbreviation-expansion
- Effectively reduces frustration, enhances confidence and accelerates learning
WordQ Quick Start Guide Mac & PC [PDF]
- Natural sounding text-to-speech
- In-context prediction for corrections
- Usage examples to help you reduce mistakes with homophones and confusable words, displays prefixes
- Predictions based on creative spelling
- Synonyms from the prediction box to help you find the right words
- Programmable abbreviations: e.g. program the word “myemail” to expand into “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Or ‘myaddress’, ‘myschool’ etc.
Please book an appointment to meet with your Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist and discuss how WordQ software can support your specific needs.