Need some inspiration to write your job posting? Check out some past examples below:
Automotive Service Technician Co-op
Are you an Automotive Service Technician (AST) apprentice looking for a unique and fulfilling career opportunity?
Do the following 7 items describe you?
- Eager to help people in one of their most stressful situations (broken down cars are no fun!)
- Self-motivated to continually do better in all aspects of your career
- Want to work with a team by having thoughtful input regarding the best repair and maintenance options for the client
- Keen to be a part of an “all new” auto shop experience including a paperless shop process, digital inspections delivered direct to the clients via text message, a freshly renovated office environment that welcomes clients and puts them at ease.
- Take initiative in opportunities to help grow the company and in turn be financially compensated for that growth
- Open to continuing education in industry-leading theory and processes
- Like busy environments and perform well on time sensitive tasks
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be the right person for our team!
Reasons You Want To Work With Us
- History: We are a second generation shop, serving the community since 1979. Our mission is to keep our clients in control of their time and money
- Legacy: We have been training apprentices constantly throughout those 39 years and have many success stories to show for it
- Growth: We grow our business from within, training from the start
- Involvement: We are very active with the apprenticeship process, including sitting on advisory groups for BCIT, KPU and ITA
- Vision: We are trendsetters to the industry, driving forward as member of the Automotive Retailers Association and the top tier 20 groups
- Opportunity: You will get a chance to do almost everything at the shop, with mentorship from highly experienced techs and highly skilled techs for today’s cars
You will be well equipped, including the following:
- Rolling tool box equipped with all basic tools
- Modern two-piece coveralls
- Your own bay to work in
- Direct mentorship with the Shop Foreman
- Continuity: We want to make your first stay with us a positive experience and show you what more opportunity lies ahead when you come to work your second term
- Connection: We have connections with dozens of other top tier shops around the province, we can help you find placement in your career
What We Need From You:
- Eagerness and willing to learn
- Team Player
- Reliable Transportation
- Steel Toed Boots
- Manual Transmission Skills
- Valid BC Driver License
Mechanic Assistant Co-op
We are seeking an ASTO Co-op student to work with the licensed mechanic with all types of mechanical repair of cars of all makes and models. The student will assist with the daily operation of a busy automotive repair shop.
Repair jobs may include, but are not limited to:
- oil change
- tire repair, rotation & alignment
- computerized engine analysis and repair
- air conditioning
- clutches & timing belts
- coolant & radiator flush
- muffler & exhaust
- steering & suspension transmission & engine
Additional skills and attributes:
- customer service focus
- punctual and reliable
- eager to learn and contribute
- valid drivers license
- own air tools/equipment, steel-toed safety boots
Possibility of a future apprenticeship after a successful Co-op work term.
Machinist Co-op Student
We are a well-established shop specializing in precision CNC machining services. Our company is dedicated to quality, reliability, and trust with a focus on continuous improvement; this is a great opportunity for a Co-op student interested in advancement during their work term and potentially a full-time opportunity after graduation.
Skills / Qualities Required:
- Experience on Haas, Okuma, Doosan, Matsuura Machining Centers & Lathes
- Working knowledge of MasterCam
- Familiar with Fanuc controls
- Great work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of inspection tools and techniques.
- Growth orientated with a desire to learn and apply new techniques and work with new technology
General Responsibilities Include:
- Setting & operating Vertical Machining Centers & Lathes
- Providing detailed set-up sheets and tools lists to CNC operators
- Running first articles, performing measurements and making offset adjustments
- Maintaining a clean, positive, safe work environment
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HVAC and Plumbing Projects Assistant Co-op
We complete residential Furnace, Boiler, Tankless, Central and Ductless AC Installations and replacements as well as plumbing projects.
We are actively recruiting an HVAC/Plumbing helper to assist the lead journeyman on these projects. We are seeking candidates that are hard working, positive, open to learning/training and results orientated.
We provide uniforms, company cell phone, a work truck if required to get to the job site and all required PPE.
- Basic understanding of tools and safe operating practices
- Ability to work long hours, weekends and/or early mornings as required.
- Ability to work under pressure and in all weather conditions
- Heavy lifting may be required at times.
- Excellent communication skills are required
- A driver’s license that is clean and shows safe driving.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Be bondable