Provides a review of the basic Physics 11 concepts which are important for success in most first-year physics courses required in BCIT technology programs. This course is NOT a substitute for PHYS 0309. Topics covered include vectors, kinematics, dynamics, equilibrium, circular motion, mechanical energy and power. There will be some lab exercises, and problem-solving skills will be emphasized. This course is recommended for students who took Physics 11 more than one year ago, who have not applied the concepts and need to review. IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING: This course serves as a short two-week review of some grade 11 physics and is not recognized as a Grade 11 or 12 equivalent by any institution. This course in only offered in the summer term.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use a consistent method for solving physics problems involving the basic concepts listed in the course outline.
- Record and analyze laboratory data, using graphical techniques to display relationships.
- Appreciate the importance of correct units and significant figures in quoting numerical results and recording data.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Refresher Physics (PHYS 0304)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.