Course number: MOOC-0252
Course title: Understanding Unconscious Bias
Completion criteria: Completion of 2 Module Self-assessments
Completion award: Digital Badge
Registration fee: None
This course was developed for anyone wanting to understand unconscious bias and the impact of on society, individuals, and themselves.
The online course consists of 6 independent study modules that enables you to proceed through the material at your own pace. Although it is recommended that you follow the lessons in consecutive order to maximize the learning, it is not a requirement.
This is no instructional or tutorial support available in this course. If you are struggling with any of the concepts, additional resources have been provided that may assist you with different perspectives on the course material. You are encouraged to investigate any of the topics in more detail.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe unconscious bias
- Explain why and how people develop unconscious bias
- List common types of unconscious biases that impact decision making in the work and learning environment
- Explain how to prevent or minimize the discriminatory impact of unconscious biases.
- Statement of Completion
- Digital Badge
Note: If you are creating an account for the first time, it may take up to 24 hours before you are able to log in to BCIT to access your course.
- Access your online course at learn.bcit.ca.
- Login with your my.bcit.ca email address and your password
- Scroll down to your My Courses listing and click on the course link.