Zoom is the preferred full-featured web and video conferencing service for BCIT employees that offers collaboration through online meetings and webinars. BCIT employees can use Zoom to invite students and/or external users as guest participants.
- Simplified video conferencing and messaging across any device
- Easily schedule and join a meeting from Outlook
- Up to 300 attendees can participate in Zoom meetings, and up to 500 attendees can participate in Zoom webinars
- Whiteboard sharing, break out rooms, team chats, polls, hand raising, and music or video sharing make meetings more fun and engaging
- Multiple participants can share their screens simultaneously and co-annotate for a more interactive meeting
- Instructors can record lectures with searchable transcripts
- Non-instructional employees may request recording functionality with business justification (requires approval)
Make a request
- Report an issue
Encounter a problem while using Zoom? Let us know.
- Request Zoom training
We can help your team with using Zoom. Request a session for your group.
- Request license for recording Zoom meetings
Request to record your zoom meetings (requires approval). Approved recording licenses will only be provisioned for one year.
- Request webinar/meeting license
Webinar and meeting licenses are available in a limited quantity and requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis (requires approval). Approved licenses will only be provisioned for one month.
Independent contractors and affiliates (requires approval)
Students and external participants (as guests only)
24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year
This service may be unavailable during select scheduled maintenance windows.
Contact the IT Service Desk.
On a BCIT issued device, Zoom is part of the standard desktop application suite available to all employees. On a personal device, You can access Zoom in a web browser or download the application to your device.
There are no additional costs associated with this service.
Acceptable Use and Information Security policies apply to all BCIT information and computing.