Meeting rooms and resource calendars in outlook allow for BCIT employees to book events in shared spaces across BCIT campuses. They can be used to create calendars for shared equipment booking (e.g. golf carts). These resources also have the same integrated capabilities as shared e-mail inboxes.
- View timetable information for multiple rooms at the same time using the room list
- View rooms grouped by location such as campus or building using the room list
- All calendar items are backed up twice a day
- Add a room calendar and inbox as a secondary account in your Outlook application
Make a request
- Report an issue
Report an issue with an Outlook meeting room or resource.
- Request an Outlook meeting room or resource
Create or change an Outlook resource to be used for the calendaring of a shared room or equipment resource (manager approval required).
24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year
This service may be unavailable during select scheduled maintenance windows.
Contact the IT Service Desk.
Outlook resources are viewable and many can be booked by all current BCIT employees. To access Outlook visit mail.bcit.ca or open the Outlook application on a BCIT issued computer.
Rooms are designated as:
- Open (Default)
resources that can only be booked through the designated owner(s) depending on the security level of the room or equipment.
There are no additional costs associated with this service
Acceptable Use and Information Security policies apply to all BCIT information and computing.